The Toffee Shop

Way back in 1910, Mrs Annie Furnass decided to open a small confectionery store just two doors up the lane from her husband’s butcher’s shop, on King Street, Penrith.

The original Toffee Shop was an Aladdin’s cave; bursting with antiques, brass and copper wares alongside the sweets. Mrs Furnass quickly built up a substantial trade, both in the shop itself and by shipping boxes of toffee across the UK and even overseas.

More from The Toffee Shop